July 23, 2021
At Benedictine Living Community-Rochester, our priority is the health, wellness and safety of our residents and employees. We are in very close communications with our state and local health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the spread of the virus.
Our shuttle is currently running to doctor and dental appointments only.
Out of our concern for the health and safety of our residents and staff, Benedictine Living Community-Rochester has been offering regular coronavirus testing and testing as needed if symptoms arise. This effort helps to identify those who may have the virus and may not show symptoms so we can care for them and potentially limit transmission to others.
We continue to closely monitor all residents and employees for signs and symptoms of illness. We are also in close communication with our local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the virus from spreading on our campus.
At this time, we are required to suspend indoor visitation at Benedictine Madonna Meadows until our community has gone 14 days without a new COVID-19 case. We understand that this is difficult news. Compassionate care visits may still be scheduled. We do encourage family and friends to connect via phone, window visits, U.S. mail or visits through technology. Please contact us to schedule a virtual visit.
Infection Control Measures:
Since March, we have followed all recommended guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our state and local health departments. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus has been:
· Monitoring and screening residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature and oxygen levels.
· Providing face masks to all residents to wear whenever one of our staff is in their room/apartment or when they venture outside their room or apartment.
· Offering socially distanced meal service and activities.
· Restricting visitors according to current state guidance. All visitors must be screened and free of symptoms before they are allowed to enter with protective precautions in place.
· Encouraging health care providers to use telehealth when possible.
· Screening all employees for symptoms and temperature prior to beginning work. Employees are not allowed in the building if they are ill. Any employee who exhibits symptoms is instructed to self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
· Requiring all employees to wear face masks and face shields while providing care.
· Implementing enhanced infection control measures, including extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building.
We continue to encourage loved ones to keep in touch via phone, mail, email or video chat.
As we navigate this challenge, we are especially grateful for our dedicated caregivers, who are working tirelessly to ensure a clean, safe environment for all who live and work here. We all remain focused on providing exceptional care and services for all our residents.
Visitation to our Independent Living and Assisted Living are now open. Call the follow numbers to schedule a time to visit.
Please call our hotline for the latest information at 507-529-3650.